Hannibal LaGrange University is a private institution. It is an unapologetically christian four- year university with graduate programs. There are diverse academic programs for the students.
2800 Palmyra Road Hannibal, MO 63401-1999
Phone #: 573-629-3264
Website: http://www.hlg.edu You can also follow them on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat.
Cost and Aid:
General Fees/Semester: $650
General Fees/Year: $1,300
*Room & Board/Semester: $4,054
*Room & Board/Year: $8,108
**Room & Board cost is based on a semi – private room. Total cost does not include books or miscellaneous fees.
Also, this college is not a part of the A+ Program.
At Hannibal LaGrange, students are eligible to apply for scholarships and financial aid. For financial aid, here are a few ways to get into college a little cheaper than the prices listed above:
- Access Missouri Program: Funds availability is determined on an annual basis by the state and awarded based on student financial need. This award requires a student to be full time at a participating Missouri school. The student must file the FAFSA by February 1st, list a Missouri school code and meet Missouri’s residency requirement.
- Bright Flight: This scholarship encourages top-ranking high school seniors to attend a Missouri college or university. Students must have received a 31 or higher on their ACT by June. This is a renewable scholarship. The amount varies as per state allocation. No FAFSA is required.
- Federal Pell Grant: Pell Grants are based on your expected family contribution (EFC) through filing the FAFSA.
- Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant (SEOG): Only Pell Grant recipients are eligible. Funds are limited, so students are encouraged to submit the FAFSA early.
- Federal Work Study (FWS): This program provides on-campus employment for students with established need. Funds are limited and awarded on a first-come basis.
- Federal Stafford Subsidized & Unsubsidized Loan: The Stafford program enables dependent students to borrow annual amounts of $5,500 for freshman, $6,500 for sophomores and $7,500 for juniors and seniors. Independent students can borrow the same loan limits plus an additional amount depending upon grade level.
- Perkins Loan: Perkins Loans are fixed at 5% interest and are repayable to HLGU nine months after the student ceases to be enrolled at least half time. Funds are limited and awarded on a first-come basis.
- Federal Parent Loan For Undergraduate Students (PLUS): Parents (and step-parents) may borrow up to the total cost of attendance per year for their dependent, undergraduate student. The parent is responsible for repayment, which begins 60 days after the funds are fully disbursed. Repayment plan options are available. HLGU requires the FAFSA to be submitted prior to processing a PLUS loan.
- Veterans (VA) Benefits: Hannibal LaGrange University is aproved by the State Approving Agency for educational assistance benefits to veterans and veterans’ dependents.
Here are some scholarships that students are eligible to apply for:
- Academic/Achievement Scholarships: Academic and achievement scholarships are awarded to full-time, degree-seeking students attending main campus. Consideration for these $3,000-$10,000 scholarships is based on high school cumulative GPA and ACT/SAT scores.
- Transfer Student Scholarships: Students transferring to HLGU may be awarded a transfer scholarship. Transfer scholarships are available for full-time students who are attending main campus and are renewable by maintaining a 2.5 GPA. Students who are members of Phi Theta Kappa are eligible to receive an additional $500 scholarship.
Enhancement Scholarships: Full-time students, who qualify, may add two of the following scholarships to the academic scholarship. Amounts vary and are renewable based on performance and a 2.0 CGPA at the end of each semester:
- Athletic*: Athletic scholarship amounts are determined by the athletic department. For a complete list of athletic teams, or to contact a coach, go to http://www.hlgtrojans.com. *Tryout required.
- Performing & Fine Arts*: Ministry team, music, and art scholarships all fall under performing & fine arts. For a complete list of ministry teams, go to http://www.hlg.edu/ministryteams. *Audition and/or portfolio required.
- Denominational: Southern Baptist, Minister’s / Missionary’s Dependent, Christian Ministries Vocation (CMV)* *Awarded by department.
- Southern Baptist Heritage Scholarship: 50% tuition for new residential students who qualify. Students must be a first-time, full-time student, an active member of a Southern Baptist Church, and meet all admission guidelines. Scholarship is renewable for eight consecutive semesters and requires a 2.5 GPA for renewal. This scholarship cannot be combined with additional HLGU scholarships. Fall and spring semester students only.
Hannibal LaGrange University has a lot of different sports and clubs and activities that students can join. Here are some sports available for men and women:
- Cross Country
- Track & Field
- Track & Field
- Cross Country
Also there are many classes students can major in:
- Business Administration
- Christian Studies
- Christian Theatre
- Communication Studies
- Computer Information Systems
- Criminal Justice
- Early Childhood Education
- Elementary Education
- Exercise & Sport Science
- Liberal Studies
- Middle School Education
- Public Relations
- Secondary Education
- Sport & Recreation Management
- 1000+ total enrollment
- 24+ states and 16+ countries are represented
- 93% of students receive financial aid.
If you would like to learn more about Hannibal LaGrange University, please talk to Mrs. Bauer or Ms. Norman.